Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Why Wholehearted Radiance?

wholehearted radiance.

hmmm... kind of a mouthful. And, kind of a long blog name and {soon to be} domain name.

So, why did I pick this as the name for my blog you ask?

When I decided that I wanted to have a blog about my life and the countless decisions I have to make within it, I was trying to think of what guides me in making those decisions. And that was easy; it's God. But, do I always follow the directions that God gives?


No. BUT, I want to try to. I want to try more than I ever have. That's when the word wholehearted came into mind. I want to put my whole heart into each decision I make and I want 100% of it to be from God. I want to be wholeheartedly following God each and every day.

Plus, I don't want to grudgingly make these decisions. I want to gleefully make these decisions. I want people to know that I am joyfully following God.  That I am happily letting Jesus lead me through my life. I don't want to look back and wonder what happened. I want to look back in life and know that I faithfully fulfilled my purpose.



In Matthew, chapter 5 Jesus talks about letting your life shine.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

I want my life to shine God's glory. I want my life to be full of radiance. I want the decisions I make to show the radiance of God and his goodness.

I want my heart to SHINE, so that my life will SHINE.

So, a name for a blog about that?




Wholehearted Radiance!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Picture Credits go to: http://isabellakereszt.tumblr.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment